Last Updated on January 2, 2022. These Marketing Guidelines are effective January 2, 2022 for all users.
A marketing license agreement is required by Hospitals to utilize 100 SafeCare Hospitals Content (listing, ranking, rating, logo, or badges) as they constitute ongoing commercial activities by 100 SafeCare Hospitals. 100 SafeCare Hospitals Content and the Service are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark, and trade secret laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. You may not sell, license, copy, publish, modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way use or exploit any of the 100 SafeCare Hospitals Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. You represent, warrant and covenant not to market “100 SafeCare Hospitals” without a marketing agreement and you have read our "Marketing Guidelines" and our Terms.
Our marketing agreement allows hospitals to market their status of excelling in evidence-based metrics of timeliness, infections, complications, readmissions, and patient mortality. The Hospital can market its 100 SafeCare Hospitals designation in perpetuity so long as the year (e.g. 2020) in which the “100 SafeCare Hospitals” listings appear is posted.
Depending on the marketing license, the Hospital can publish or use “100 SafeCare Hospitals”, “Top 1% Hospitals” if applicable, and “Top 2% Hospitals” in any hospital signage, through broadcast and radio advertisements, in paid print and online advertisements, and through other marketing materials.
Licensing Guidelines: Hospitals can choose to obtain a marketing license in any or all of the following three categories:
- Unpaid media license – where unpaid media is defined as internal Hospital marketing tools where Hospital does not provide monetary or any other form of payment for media. Unpaid media include Hospital documents (internal brochures, banners, posters, newsletters), and website.
- Social media license – where social media is defined as external Hospital marketing tools where Hospital does not provide monetary or any other form of payment for media. Social media include Google, Facebook, Twitter.
- Paid media license - where paid media is defined as any Hospital marketing tools where Hospital does provide monetary or any other form of payment for media. Paid media include all paid print, television, radio, online ADs, billboards.
Products Guidelines: All Hospitals that obtain a marketing license gets a general 100 SafeCare Hospitals report and a press release created for Hospital by 100 SafeCare Hospitals. All Hospitals also get 100 SafeCare Hospitals® Badge Logo in jpeg format that is print quality. There are also other ways to show patients why they should choose your Hospital:
- 100 SafeCare Hospitals® EPS Logo for billboards and banners.
- National press release sent out by 100 SafeCare Hospitals.
- 39-page hospital-specific QAPI report.
- Full page AD in SafeCare magazine.
- AD placement on Rate A Hospital patient-rating site.
Publishing Guidelines: 100 SafeCare Hospitals grants the hospital a non-exclusive, non-transferable and marketing license subject to the following:
- The Hospital may only publish its own “100 SafeCare Hospitals” listing and not publish or display the other hospitals listings;
- The “100 SafeCare Hospitals” listing measures “Timely Care", “Hospital-acquired Infections", "Serious Complications", "Unplanned Rehospitalizations," and "Death Rates". Hospitals must not state or imply that “100 SafeCare Hospitals” listing describes “100 Safest Hospitals”.
- Hospitals may not distribute the “100 SafeCare Hospitals” listing, in whole or in part, to any third party or use the “100 SafeCare Hospitals” listings on behalf or for the benefit of any third party.
- Hospitals only allow its authorized personnel to use 100 SafeCare Hospitals Content in accordance with any applicable local, state, national, or international law, or any governmental regulations.
- Hospitals agree not to modify, customize or enhance the “100 SafeCare Hospitals” logo.
- Hospitals can state: “Only about two percent of hospitals earn the prestigious 100 SafeCare Hospitals® distinction, and the top 50 hospitals represent the top one percent in the nation for excellent performance in the aforementioned evidence-based metrics.”
Intellectual Property Guidelines: Using material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others is not playing nice and is unethical and prohibited. 100 SafeCare Hospitals is a trademarked asset and constitutes ongoing commercial activities by its owners. Unauthorized marketing, citation, reproduction or re-publication of “100 SafeCare Hospitals”, “Top 1% Hospitals”, “Top 2% Hospitals” may cause:
- confusion in the marketplace;
- suggest non-existent sponsorship or endorsement by 100 SafeCare Hospitals;
- misappropriate 100 SafeCare Hospitals’ reputation, goodwill, business opportunities and revenues;
- or otherwise misappropriate the cachet of 100 SafeCare Hospitals’ products and/or services.
Any use of 100 SafeCare Hospitals Content without express written permission or marketing agreement shall not be considered "Nominative Fair Use" or "Fair Use" under Copyright Law, and would be grounds for injunctive relief.
You represent, warrant and covenant that you will not market “100 SafeCare Hospitals” without a marketing agreement, and have read our "Marketing Guidelines" and Terms.